17. tammikuuta 2010

Haiti

Usually when bad things happen I don't feel anything. The events happen so often that I've become numb.

The earthquake in Haiti made feel really bad. My heart bleeds blood for all the people who have lost everything and everyone. I cry out loud because it's so unfair... But we've got to help the people in a way or an other: prayers, money... We just have to let them know they aren't alone.

We are so lucky, aren't we. I found a song from one of Putumayo wold music's cd´s. It's a song by a Haitian musician Beethova Obas. The song is called Rasanblé (Come Together). "Obas calls on his fellow Haitians to unite. Thinking only of yourself, he sings, will just make the country's dismal situation worse."

I think people could use a little help so... rasanblé guys!

(Sorry for the dancing girls. they kind of ruin it for me after this emotional post :D)


2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Well, bad things always happen, and an earthquake is a thing we can't really avoid. However we could do a lot more. Air pollution contributes a lot to strenghtening tornados and tsunamis, for example.

Baino kirjoitti...

It's a very sad state of affairs Ebs, no doubt about it. Take a quick peek at my blog, we're promoting aid boxes and even a tiny donation can help to buy one for a homeless family. Interesting how the press seem to be able to get into the thick of things straight away when aid takes so long?