11. lokakuuta 2010

Purpose-driven life

Today I had one of those too familiar feelings of anxiety again. I just fealt so bad. All I could do was sit down and breathe. I just fealt like my life has no purpose. No... meaning at all. I just cried for a while until I was able to talk about how I feel.

I don't really know what kind of purpose I've been looking for but I was just tired of being lost. Tired of feeling so lame tired of loosing it tired of not knowing what to do with my life. I can't even think of what to study...

Luckily there are more wise and experienced people in my life and I learned something really important:
I'm truly loved by my family and in a way that makes me a purpose, which means my life isn't meaningless. And... I do cheer people by using the gifts that I have even though I can't always tell when or how. Then it just hit me: it's the small things that give your life a meaning, in away. I've been looking for something big but I should have consentrated on smaller things. But on the other hand what's bigger than loving your family and friends?

I have this passion to help people but I shouldn't try to be something I'm not or want to be someone else. I have lots of things I need to figure out... like what I want... but I have a place in this world and I shouldn't try to yearn for a purpose and then ironically miss the life I'm supposed to live. The truly great people that we still remember and think highly of didn't do great stuff just to lead great lives.... I think. They just worked hard to reach their full potential, to be as good as they could be in what they knew best. And they lived one day at a time.

I'm still learning to live one day at a time. I just realised that I don't need to have this plan here and now... a map of my life. I don't need to know what my profession will be in 10 years. I don't need to have a boyfriend now so that I'll be married in a certain age. I don't need to plan everything in advance. I'm not saying it's wrong to have a vision and dreams etc... but one just needs to be open... Willing to take life as it is... with all it's suprises - good and bad ones.

Sigh, I wish I made sence here..

but atlest in my head, I think I'm starting to grasp the concept.

Flock of Seagulls (eschipul)

5 kommenttia:

Baino kirjoitti...

You make perfect sense. There's so much pressure on young people to make big decisions about careers, marriage, relationships when really, it's an age of discovery and you should be doing just that, discovering what, where and how and if you have a family and friends who support and love you while you do it . . all the better.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Well, well, well.... are you back? It is good. It is nice to hear that you seem to be in a better mood. I don't have your confidence problem, but at times I am too confident and then the flop comes.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

... and sorry for defeating you at football. :D

Mo kirjoitti...

hmm football? Where?

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

A few days ago Hungary defeatd Finland 2-1 at football in a way that we scored 3 secs before the end.