9. joulukuuta 2011

I've got to make a change

I'm ill again. I never used to be sick! I'm telling you. Then I just realised my condition just isn't what a 19year olds condition should be. And it has started to affect every part of my life. I'm starting to get fat (don't get me wrong! I'm not morbidly obese, though!), I'm constantly depressed, tired, angry... then I just eat to handle it all. I really need to make a change. Cause I understood that I'm not able to do what I could do. And I'm the one incharge of the sabotage. I'm such a douchebag.

Anyway, I want to start fresh. Isn't it wonderful that one can do that? I've started to drink more water. I din't realise one should drink more than our thirst tells us to. I think about 1,5 litres would be good for me per day. We are almost made of water so drinking it makes sence. Here are six reasons to drink water (about eight glasses a day. and hey! not too much. you can kill yourself if you exagerate!)


  1. Drinking water helps you maintain your waterbalance
  2. ...helps you control your weight
  3. ...gives boost to your muscles
  4. ...makes your skin look good
  5. ...helps your kidneys
  6. ...helps your intestine to work
Now sports... I've always had great issues with it. P.E. classes... OMG don't want to even talk about it :(! We all know how important sports is? I've tried compiting in swimming, waterpolo, (lady)boxing, pilates, bodycombat, spinning, zumba, aerobics, running... I never stay. It's cool at first but then I just get fed up! Especially with running. But I want to give it a go once more cause it's cheap. I'm in a really bad condition right now but I know I can do better. I have to anyway... I found this guide for getting into better shape. I think I've messed up before cause I've tried too hard immediately from the start... I didn't know one should not eat about two hours before running. Anyway this is day one:

5 minutes of brisk walking
1 minute of jogging
5 minutes of running/walking (why do they have to give options? I mean ofcourse I'll WALK)
1 minute of jogging
3 minutes of brisk walkin
total of 15 minutes

source: http://kuntoplus.fi/liikuntasuunnitelma/5-kilometrin-juoksuohjelma

I think I can handle this... I have to anyway

Running

By Fengalon (C:\Documents and Settings\LUCA\Documenti) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

1 kommentti:

Baino kirjoitti...

I walk for an hour each day and have managed to lose a lot of weight this year. Still some to go but it isn't hard and quite pleasurable. Helps if you have a dog or a friend to go with too.