This picture is from this fortress (?) near Helsinki called Suomenlinna (=castle of Finland). Being there was like paradise. The sun was shining. The time stopped as I was there surrounded by the sea. A nice change of feeling constantly low and sad. I think I was the only person on the universe who wanted to go back to school. I didn't miss stress, but I did miss seing people and being useful. There were days when I didn't even step outside. I'm really glad it's over.
So, school started. The new students came. It made me feel a little old, but I also did pitty them, since they have to go thruough all the things I struggled with last year. This year I stopped taking things for granted. I mainly mean studiyng, but also various things in my life. I've started doing my best with my studies. It was much harder than I had expected, but it's worth it. I value the fact that I have a chance to be educated. It's a thing no one actually thinks about, but now I really do value it. If I turn my head to the right, I'll see four books I need to read for school. I won't give up now that I've started. And a bonus. I've started doing sports. I've actually exercised three hours a week. Don't laugh, I just to do it three minutes a week.
Blah. This autumn there's really alot happening. The school trip to France.. ah. I actually am thinking of taking private french lessons, but it sounds so corny.. and the teacher charges 15euros/1.5hours. Then I'll be teaching a girl some basics of piano. I think teaching is not my thing, but I'll try.
Sometimes I'm shocked of how I'm getting older too. It wasn't supposed to happen, but actually it's better, since I can learn from life and get more experience. I want to quote Freddie Mercury: " WHO WAANTS TO LIVE FOREVEEEERRRRRRRR??????". I'm really honoured by your "where are your ebony" comments. I'm not that good of an writer, but I like it when people listen.
6 kommenttia:
Welcome back Ebs! Finland in summer looks very beautiful. Good that you're launching into the new school year with enthusiasm. Trip to France sounds wonderful. Here our students tend to go to Japan or if they speak French, to Vanuatu, a little pacific Island that is a French colony. My DREAM is to go to Paris, hopefully next year. As for your writing, you do extremely well to write in English. Kudos to you!
Well, Finnish fortresses are weird. In Hungary most of them look differently. Well actually here you can realise them because without explanation I wouldn't see any fortress here. I hate French language and people. When I was in Paris as they got to know we are Hungarians they got even bigger assholes as they were before. They really looked us down and I am not a short guy. :D My school starts on 1st September and I am going to enrer to a new system.
R: I don't know is fortres the right word, but it's an island where some random Finns fought against the Russians.. and the French. Hm-- you sound really mean. And then I look at your picture :'D. I love French language even though when I was in Paris 3 times old men were hitting on me.. in a really disgusting and unexeptable way >__<. And Hungarians saved my life once at a scout camp....
I envy your fanatism that you still like French after those men.
Did you mean earthwork castle? As far as I remember it is the official English name of that structure.
You give piano lessons? I didn't know that! *pouts* d'ya get any money by teaching that girl?
Lähetä kommentti