15. marraskuuta 2008

Freedom, sisterhood and equality


We've been talking about wars recently. I've come to only one conclusion. Every war is stupid. Yes I know, you don't need to be very intelligent to get the answer. It's only now when I learnt that people actually suffer. Before a war has only been a THING that happens only somewhere ealse.. and yes it's horrible that millions of people die.. But touché
. I really love our schools history teacher for teaching us how silly it is to think that way. I mean it could have been me. It could have been your best friend. Everyone who ever died, died without any good reason. And why?

Aristotle thought that women are too emtional to even be true citizens. I just wondered... What would have the world become like if women were rulers.. with all their PMS mushy-ness. What would a hardcore female dictator be like? (NO! I don't really want to know).

I'm tired.
But I'm happy we're safe here!

9 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Women used to be rulers. Before any greater civilisation there were matriarchy which means women were more important in a family and in the society. I would also point out that there were some female rulers in history such as Hatsepsut, Elisabeth I, Marie Stewart, Marie Theresa, Catlin the Great from Russia. Elisabeth I (England) and Marie Steward (Scotland) had a serious conflict. Marie ordered contract killers to kill Elizabeth and when there was a rebellion in Scotland against her and she fled she was arrested by Elizabeth and she was executed later. So I guess the world would be different.

Mo kirjoitti...

Yes! Last year I was really in to Elizabeth I because of one series I saw. I think I might have even made a post about it. Anyway..

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

On the other hand if you were a ruler of a Medieval country you may be thinking differently about wars.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

You can see me dancing Palotás on my blog. Don't laugh too hard because it will make wrinkles on your face. :P

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Fine thanks. I survived Palotás but this week I am going to get back some bad tests. And you?

Mo kirjoitti...

I'm going to get some (bad) tests back too! I just have my dance performance ahead of me :).. I think you really are my inspiration, since now I feel like blogging... but duty (read: school) calls :(

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I see, my bad tests have ended up well so far.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Happy new Year, Ebony! I hope in 2009 you will have less reason to complain. :D

Baino kirjoitti...

Hi Ebony, I noticed your comment on Ropi's page, glad you're still around and hope you have time to blog a little in 2009. I know school keeps you busy and I guess it should be your priority. Just drop round once in a while! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a happy new year and 2009.

Helen