Sometimes when I read the paper, I notice how
numb and emotionally paralysed I am. Usually I calmly pass the section of boring domestic news (sick of those ugly and annoying politicians) and also pass the international news in order to rush right to the comic section. Now that I come to think of it, I can't believe I jump over all the news of felling of trees and dissapearing rainforests, or murders, car crashes... The things seem like everyday things that don't matter. They could never happen to me anyway...
I'm not saying I should feel bad for everything and start being an acktivist close to extreme commitment. I just find it stupid how we keep
singing songs about saving the wolrd if we really don't care until things aren't going well in our lives - in our everyday lives. Sigh. Maybe I also try to avoid knowing the truth about today and anyway I know enough: The world really is topsy turvy.
Picture: Magnus Manske
1 kommentti:
Ebs I think a lot of people feel like you that it's too hard to be an activist but it isn't, you don't have to protest in the streets to make your point heard. You have a vote, and the internet, there are organisations that lobby government in which you can become involved. It's true though, we don't care too much until it happens in our own back yard!
Lähetä kommentti