When I got there, the hall was nearly empty. I walked silently to the office where I'd leave my clothes but my invisibleness game ended there because my "boss" was there. This time she started showing me what I could do. I was really relieved. I started work by styling someones hair. I'm really bad with hair issues. I think I managed pretty well. The woman didn't say a word the whole time. Neither did I but I think we got along very well.
Then the boss had an idea that I could gather a group and talk with them. By then I was really panicing inside my head. I usually hate talking to people because I'm afraid they are bored to death. But now that I've had some more experience I know it's mostly my mind playing games with me. It'really hard though trying to tell your alter ego people don't hate you... I'm really happy I didn't run away because sitting as a group made my job much easier. I think I didn't suck at all... And I didn't get my usual introvert symptoms. I asked them quiz questions, we talked about marriage and rock and one womans husbands new bitchy girlfriend...
The woman who had a crush on that model with a big moustache has another passion too: MURDERS! "The more murders, the better I sleep" she said. Well, whatever makes you happy... Yesterday she watched a movie of Agathat Christie's Hercule Poirot and some mystery he was solving. Today when I left she was watching some old German detective series.
I need some proof that I've actually been working so we were supposed to take a paper to be signed at the work place. I forgot the paper in another town... The printer wouldn't work so I had to write it by hand. I managed to misspell the date and the name of the boss. I wrote the text again on the other side but then I actually gave her the crappy side instead. Oh well.. It's water under a bridge now.
I also got the courage to ask for a summerjob from the home. I'm not sure will it work out but atleast she took my number and smiled and stuff. I'm going to visit the place later on aswell. I'm sad because just when I started to get a hunch of it, I had to leave. I thought I wasn't a chit chatter but I could keep letting words come out of my mouth for nearly two hours. Plus today I didn't mid the nurses. Plus they were really friendly (they were different ones). We even played The Beatles- Let it be together.
Oh mama. I'm just so happy for not being a total failure.
picture from: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Old_woman_feeding_birds.jpg
3 kommenttia:
Your letter really saved my day. And there's no way i'm gonna get rid of it. You're just like oprah, or maybe better :)
Of course you'll get that job, they liked you. And you get along with the oldies (can i say it like that..?!)
see you, h.
:)
Oh congratulations Ebs, see . . not as hard as you thought and with each visit you became more confident. You did a good thing and I'm sure you were well appreciated.
Lähetä kommentti